In this video, Freddie from Distinct Mastering explains what dynamics mean in music. He then shows examples of why dynamics are important. In today’s world where streaming platforms reign king, dynamics can affect how your music is affected by the loudness normalization. As a result, make sure you’re not one of the victims of the loudness normalization. This video goes over the basics of what you need to know about music dynamics and why they can be important to pay attention to.
00:38 What Does Dynamics Mean In Music
00:58 Sheet Music Terms For Dynamics
01:34 Mastering with Dynamics
01:52 What is a Transient
02:07 Dynamics In Music Examples
1. Dynamics In Music – Definition of dynamics.
2. Sheet Music Terms For Dynamics – Basic music theory discussion about dynamics.
3. Mastering With Dynamics – Discussion about the difference between mastering music with dynamics.
4. What Is a Transient – Definition of a transient and how it relates to music dynamics.
5. Dynamics In Music Examples – Examples of various songs and visual representations of the dynamics. Included, is a brief example of what loudness normalization could be doing to your music.
Thanks for watching this video and hopefully it helps you understand music dynamics. Make sure to subscribe on YouTube HERE for weekly tips and tricks. All first time clients receive a free stereo mastered sample, inquire HERE to get your free sample.